Carpet tile provides a durable flooring option for busy homeowners who value cutting edge design and easy floor care. Carpet tile allows you to create geometric, tonal, and textural variety that enhances your decor while providing plenty of design options.
Carpet Tile: So Many Styles, so Little Time
By choosing carpet tile, you can actually save time because it comes in convenient do-it-yourself kits. You'll probably spend most of your time deciding what type(s) of carpet tile you want.
Carpet Styles: Avoiding Going Over the Top with Tile
Here are a few tips to consider when choosing carpet tile:
- Use retailers' support: Your carpet retailer can help prevent mistakes by helping you with measuring, installation, and design.
- Consider the big picture: You can easily be swept away by displays of individual carpet tiles, but remember to envision your entire floor in leopard spots or vivid sunflowers!
- Size matters: Matching carpet styles and patterns to the size of the room(s) you're carpeting helps you achieve a look that doesn't clash or compete with your decor.
In addition to design versatility, carpet tile provides easy care and maintenance.
Easy Care Carpet Tile is Great for Busy Families
Carpet tiles may be the perfect carpeting solution for a busy family for two very important reasons.
- Reduce installation headaches: Carpet tile is sold in kits that provide instructions for measuring and installing your new carpet yourself; you don't need to take time off to accommodate installation crews. Carpet tile manufacturers typically provide support for measuring, installation, and maintenance of carpet tile.You can enjoy your carpet within a few hours.
- Easy care: Unlike traditional carpeting, carpet tile requires no glue or padding. In fact, you can pull up an individual carpet tile for cleaning and replace it once it's dry. Or replace it if it's damaged.
Carpet tile may be the perfect solution to your comfort, care, and style needs.
About the Author
Michael Hilton was the original creator of Carpet Buyers Handbook. Having owned and operated a carpet wholesale company, Hilton has a vast knowledge about all-things carpet related as well as other types of flooring.